Friday, July 10, 2009

The First.

Two weeks ago I opened up my mailbox to discover the latest Rolling Stone, sporting none other than the Jonas Brothers on the cover. This made two covers in one year for the talentless little shits Disney darlings. I was livid, to say the very least. Uttering profanities under my breath as I stomped back into the house, I wrote off every last desire I had to write for that magazine. I sat for the rest of the day lamenting the path of music journalism in recent years; pop icons dominate the pages of RS and Spin more often than bands of real substance. As someone who once dreamed of writing for these rags, I'm disappointed and strangely enough, a bit hurt. I feel personally insulted by constantly having to read about the Britneys and Mileys of the industry when there are bands out there who are revolutionizing music at this very moment. So for lack of better words, I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.

Luckily anger makes great fuel for creative fire, so here I am, blog in hand. This blog is intended to be a space where true music junkies can reflect on the most current music from all genres. I listen to every genre imaginable and will therefore try to include every genre imaginable. Except for polka, I draw the line at polka. If you're a music snob, this won't be the place for you. I'm looking for music sponges, people who want to absorb any and all music; I want people who collect music just to soak it all in. If this sounds like you, welcome. I'll be posting bits and pieces as often as possible, and if any of it intrigues/inflames you, talk to me. Tell me about it. This a forum of sorts, an open dialogue among true afficionados. A place to counter the increasingly-absurd mainstream media. Don't let them tell you what's good, tell everyone else what's good.

Above all, let's sell our souls for some good old-fashioned rock 'n' roll...

No comments:

Post a Comment